VSC Fire & Security in Austin is seeking candidates for the position of Fire Sprinkler Foreman.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary - overtime eligible
- Monday - Friday 7 am - 4 pm. (schedule may flex depending on customer)
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonuses
What you need:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with fire sprinkler systems or completion of an approved Pipefitter Apprentice Program with a Journeyman certification.
- Knowledge of pipefitting, plumbing regulations and fire protection codes.
- Leadership skills to communicate, address personnel issues and make fair decisions related to project demands, customer service and employee assignments.
- Ability to establish productivity and quality goals for self and work crew to meet schedule for project.
- Ability to ensures that all personnel assigned to job follow all site-specific safety standards (as directed by company or client-required site safety regulations.)
- A valid driver's license and have acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
What you will do:
- Conduct daily site inspections for methods of handling, storing, installation and testing of all materials for the project, and takes immediate steps to rectify problems or deficiencies.
- Resolve minor job-site problems related to work crew, materials, other trades, or unexpected circumstances throughout the workday.
- Review plans and confirms quantity and quality of materials delivered to site are suitable for installation as designed.
- Contact superintendent and/or designer for change orders as needed to ensure compliance with NFPA standards.
- Conducts and documents weekly "toolbox" safety meetings with all fitters, apprentices and helpers assigned to the project.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!