Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Fire Sprinkler Foreman in the Atlanta, GA area. We are currently looking to fill an Install Foreman position as well as a Service Foreman position.
The Fire Sprinkler Foreman will:
- Be responsible for performance of sprinkler installation field labor team
- Install and test installation of fire suppression equipment in new or retro-fit construction projects
- Follow designed plans, communicates needed design change to fit actual site requirements
- Be responsible for materials delivered to site and for minor fabrication on job site.
- Use hand tools, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic power tools.
- Generally serve as the lead person of a two-three person installation team, and may have responsibility for a large job with multiple crews on location.
- Function as the VSC representative on the job site working closely with owner or general contractor's representatives, other trades, company field superintendent, design manager and purchasing agent to insure smooth installation process.
- Recommended completion of approved Pipefitter Apprentice Program (Levels 1-4) with Journeyman certification OR 5+ years Fire Sprinkler Fitter experience under direct supervision of Foreman.
- Working knowledge of pipefitting, plumbing regulations and fire protection codes.
- Must hold valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record to be approved to drive company vehicle.
- Demonstrates sense of responsibility to achieve personal and team work goals
- Ability to lead/teach others to achieve advancement for helpers/fitters
- Goal and Quality oriented
- Can take/give constructive criticism to/from others when warranted/needed
- Ability to manage jobsites/installation to hold schedule dates
- Attend job meetings when needed/complete paperwork as necessary
- Must exhibit leadership skills, including ability to communicate, address personnel issues and make fair decisions related to project demands, customer service and employee assignments.
- Must be able to work in hard-hat construction areas. May lift and move 75-125 pounds of equipment or supplies. Works 6 feet or more above ground level (using lifts, platforms and ladders.)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary- overtime eligible -
- Monday - Friday 7 am - 4 pm (time can vary based on the customer needs)
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonuses
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!