Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Fire Sprinkler Foreman in the for the Virginia Beach District Office.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. provides fire sprinkler and fire alarm design, installation, service and repair for a wide variety of facilities including medical, retail, residential, schools, government, industrial, military and business settings.
The Fire Sprinkler Foreman:
- Leads the fire sprinkler installation field labor team, generally the lead person of small installation team and at times will lead large jobs with multiple crews
- Installs and tests fire suppression equipment in new or retro-fit construction projects
- Executes fire sprinkler design plans
- Communicates needed design change to fit actual site requirements
- Manages materials delivered to site and for minor fabrication on job site
- Uses hand tools, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic power tools
- Functions as VSC Fire & Security, Inc. representative on the job site
- Works closely with owner or general contractor's representatives, other trades, and company field superintendent, design manager and purchasing agent to insure smooth installation process
- Attends weekly General Contractor progress meetings as needed
- Notes and documents change orders
- Oversees work of apprentice(s) and helper(s) assigned to project as needed
- Conducts weekly tool box safety meetings
The qualifications for the Fire Sprinkler Foreman position include:
- Completion of approved Pipefitter Apprentice Program (Levels 1-4) with Journeyman certification or 5+ years Sprinkler Fitter experience under direct supervision of Foreman
- Knowledge of pipefitting, plumbing regulations and fire protection codes
- Valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record to be approved to drive company vehicle
- First Aid certification
- Commitment and responsibility to lead team and achieve personal and team work goals
- Leadership skills, including ability to communicate, address personnel issues and make fair decisions related to project demands, customer service and employee assignments
Drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!