VSC Fire & Security in Salisbury is seeking candidates for the position of Fire Alarm Service Technician.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary - overtime eligible
- Monday - Friday 7 am - 4 pm. May be some nights or weekends depending on customer needs.
- Extra pay incentive for being on call.
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonuses
What you need:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in starting up, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic systems. This includes addressable and conventional fire alarm systems, server, and IP based systems as well as various other low voltage system wiring and components.
- Programming, commissioning, and system testing experience.
- Knowledge of multiple fire alarm manufacture's product lines is preferred. Systems such as Notifier, Firelite, Fike, FCI, EST, Siemens, Simplex, Hochiki and Silent Knight.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required by the customer needs.
- Have NICET, BICSI, AVIXA, low voltage certification, an electrical journeyman's card, or electrical apprenticeship training? Be sure to let us know as it will move you to the top of the list!
- A valid driver's license and have acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
What you will do:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities concerned with the installation and/or service of low voltage systems.
- Participate in the service and/or inspection process and oversee project repair, testing and completion.
- Be responsible for the commissioning and service of Fire Alarm, Special Hazard, Intrusion, Access Control, CCTV, Audio, A/V, Networking, and other low voltage system applications.
- Use your excellent attention to detail to accurately complete forms and documents related to the scope of the assignment.
- With your understanding of control wiring logic, read and comprehend drawings and schematics for each assignment.
- Always represent the company in a professional manner.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!