Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Fire Alarm Technician in Myrtle Beach. VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is growing rapidly, and we are recruiting top fire protection and life safety professionals to join our team.
We are looking for a Fire Alarm Technician with a proven track record in our industry. We recruit and retain top fire protection and life safety professionals by offering:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with proven experience.
- Top-tier benefit package: medical, dental, vision insurance; Flexible Spending Account(s); life insurance and voluntary life insurance; short term and long-term disability insurance; employee assistance program; 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match; and paid holiday and vacation days
- Ongoing NICET, NFPA, AFSA and AFAA professional development opportunities via our dedicated, on-site Corporate Training Facility with working models of fire protection and life safety equipment.
- A strong safety record including a dedicated Corporate Safety Manager and formal safety policies training programs.
- Cutting-edge technological expertise in fire protection and life safety solutions.
- A challenging work environment with endless opportunities for professional development.
- Relocation incentive for qualified candidates (when VSCFS deems appropriate)
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. provides fire sprinkler and fire alarm design, installation, service and repair for a wide variety of facilities including medical, retail, residential, schools, government, industrial, military and business settings.
The Fire Alarm Technician:
- Is responsible for installing, servicing and troubleshooting fire alarm systems, as well as other types of low voltage systems when required.
- Interacts and communicate in a professional manner not only within the organization but also with customers.
The qualifications for the Fire Alarm Technician position include:
- 5 years minimal experience and knowledge related to servicing & programming of fire alarm systems.
- Knowledgeable in NFPA 72, NEC and IFC codes.
- Preferred prior experience with FCI, Fire-Lite, and Notifier, is preferred.
- Career minded individual willing to pursue NICET Level certifications in Fire Alarm Systems is desired. The right candidate shall be capable of obtaining NICET Level II certification within two years of employment.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to accurately complete forms/documents on IPAD based forms along with read/comprehend drawings and schematics to install equipment.
- Previous fire alarm certification a plus in NICET, NTS level I, along with Security Licenses.
- The candidate should be capable of working independently when needed to install, troubleshoot and make repairs to systems.
Honesty, hard work, safety and quality workmanship provide the foundation for our five decades of success. Investment in and support of our more than 1000 employees, with more than 50 professionals who hold NICET 1 Certificates or above, are essential to our growth. The American Fire Sprinkler Association independently evaluated VSC Fire & Security, Inc. in key areas including quality of life and industry and community relations and as a result recognized as a Quality Contractor.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!