VSC Fire & Security in Greenville is seeking candidates for the position of Life Safety and Low Voltage System Service Technician.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary depending on experience level - overtime eligible.
- Company vehicle following proven skills and ability level.
- Typical hours of Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm. May be some nights or weekends depending on customer needs.
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Referral Bonuses.
What you need:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in starting up, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic systems. This includes addressable and conventional fire alarm systems, server and IP based systems, as well as various other low voltage system wiring and components.
- Proficiency with the tools of the trade.
- Programming, commissioning, and system testing experience.
- Knowledge of multiple fire alarm manufacture's product lines is preferred. Systems such as Notifier, Firelite, Fike, FCI, EST, Siemens, Simplex, Hochiki and Silent Knight.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings and schematics as well as follow written and verbal instruction with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required by the customer needs.
- Have NICET, BICSI, CTS, DCJS registration, other low voltage certification, or an electrical journeyman's card? Be sure to let us know as it will move you to the top of the list!
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the commissioning and service of Fire Alarm, Special Hazard, Intrusion, Access Control, CCTV, Audio, A/V, Networking, and other low voltage system applications.
- Perform paid on-call weekly rotation along with the existing field team.
- Use your excellent attention to detail to accurately complete forms and documents related to the scope of the assignment.
- With your understanding of control wiring logic, read and comprehend drawings and schematics for each assignment.
- Always represent the company in a professional manner.