The Virginia Beach district of VSC Fire & Security seeks qualified candidates for the position of Low Voltage Technician.
This position is responsible for installation, service and construction project management (as needed) of fire alarm systems, as well as other types of low voltage systems.
- Minimum of two years of experience and knowledge related to the installation and service of fire alarm systems.
- Candidates should have experience with NFPA 72 and NFPA 70 codes as they relate to the system installation of fire alarm, CCTV, security, access control, and basic electrical systems.
- Special hazards fire suppression systems experience is a plus.
- FCI, Notifier, Fire-Lite and Fike experience are all required.
- Vista 128/250, Silent Knight, EST and Fenwal experience are preferred but not required.
- NICET Level I certification in Fire Alarm Systems is desired with the ability to obtain NICET Level II certification within two years of employment.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to accurately complete forms/documents and read/comprehend drawings and schematics.
- Demonstrated PC skills are a must.
- Ability to work flexible schedules is required in order to meet customer requirements.
- This position will be expected to interact and communicate in a professional manner not only within the organization but also with customers.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!