VSC Fire and Security is searching for an experienced Low Voltage Technician with experience in suppression and special hazards to join our team in the Atlanta, GA area.
The Low Voltage Technician will install fire detection and alarm equipment, security and access equipment, closed circuit television and other monitoring devices, and nurse call or other life safety and security devices. Performs advanced diagnostic, trouble shooting and repair procedures on cables, wiring, connections, and equipment as well as on installed systems and cables. May direct the work of others as necessary.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 3 years experience in installation of the above systems.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Fike/FM-200 systems
- Experience with NOVEC
- NICET certification preferred.
- Ability to be factory trained and certified on a variety of equipment.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and repair equipment outside the exact area of certification.
- Proficient in the use of multimeters, testing devices and manufacturers' field testing devices.
- PC skills to utilize alarm installation software also preferred.
- Position requires criminal record check to receive DCJS registration; may require security clearance for designated contracts.
- Ability to direct work of helper or other technicians.
- Must possess valid drivers license with good driving record for use of company vehicle.
- Must be available to work additional hours or evening shift as needed.
- Must be available to accept occasional assignments requiring overnight travel.
- Ability to work in hard-hat construction sites, including unimproved sites.
- Ability to stand, bend, squat, climb, and able to traverse rough terrain, climb ladders and scaffolding and use lifts.
- Able to move materials and equipment to a maximum of 75 -100 pounds per employee.
- Must remain alert to job-site hazards and safety requirements.
- Position requires visual acuity to read plans, documents and meters and ability to discern colors for safety signage.
- May be required to work in confined spaces (with special training.)
- Uses variety of hand tools for wire and equipment installation and may operate electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment using safety equipment and safety procedures.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary- overtime eligible -
- $26.00 - $32.00 per hour
- Monday - Friday 7 am - 4 pm (time can vary based on the customer needs)
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonuses
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!