Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for an Fire Sprinkler Sales/Estimator in our Virginia Beach District.
We are looking for an Fire Sprinkler Sales/Estimator with a proven track record in our industry. This position will be responsible for generating, cultivating and qualifying sales leads. In addition, the position is expected to produce cost estimates utilizing industry standards, generate and present proposals, negotiate pricing, and close sales. Post sale responsibilities include generating applicable documentation and coordinating with internal staff for scheduling and hand off. Position is expected to maintain client relationships.
- Demonstrated sales experience with strong prospecting skills with history of successful sales and contract negotiation.
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally in a professional manner with respect for the fire protection profession's goals of life safety and property protection.
- Strong estimating skills with knowledge of installation materials, labor requirements, and overall project management requirements.
- Ability to prepare estimates from blueprints or site surveys.
- In-depth knowledge and experience related to the design, hydraulic calculations, installation and maintenance of fire protection systems, especially fire sprinkler systems, including wet and dry systems.
- Knowledge of applicable State Code, Local, and IBC Codes, relevant NFPA Standards, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction governing the location of the company's work geography.
- NICET certification (or completed exam elements) a plus.
- Good record keeping skills is essential to complete forms and documentation related to sales proposals and project management.
- Demonstrated PC skills with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint, as well as experience using a customer database management system.
- Valid drivers license with acceptable driving record
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonuses
If you are an experienced fire alarm designer, we are interested in speaking with you. Contact us today!
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!