Job Location: Blacksburg, VA - Christiansburg, VA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Hiring Manager
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of the commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities. We are on a path of growth and looking for team members to add to our growing offices who are interested in company training, educational opportunities, and potential for upward mobility as we value promoting from within.
The Sprinkler Technician installs, services, and repairs fixed fire protection systems including wet, dry, preaction, and deluge systems. He or she must provide exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of four years of experience in installing/servicing fire sprinkler systems. An equivalent combination of education/training and experience will be considered. He or she must meet the physical requirements specified in the Qualifications section. Effective oral and written skills, good time management and customer service skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- Completes the lay out, fabrication, installation, repair, and maintenance of fixed fire protection systems
- Completes all services following manufacturer instructions, related codes/standards, and Company policies and procedures
- Interprets blueprints and/or working drawings in order to properly install, repair, and maintain systems
- Verifies and/or selects the proper materials for a specific job according to job specifications and tracks and communicates material needs in a timely manner
- Organizes and prepares materials and equipment to be moved to and from the job site
- Identifies necessary changes to proposed work and communicates with Field Supervisor to ensure changes are made appropriately
- Plans sequence of installation or repair to ensure that customer’s activities are not obstructed or adversely affected
- Cuts, threads, and bends pipe using proper tools and machines and joins and secures pipe using proper standards and techniques
- Ensures that job sites are left clean and neat
- Trains Technician Trainees as assigned
- Uses authority and makes decisions and to ensure successful transactions and satisfy customers
- Handles each transaction in a way that positively spreads our Company’s reputation
- Commits to work until obligations are met, which may result in overtime
- Completes continuing education necessary to maintain current certifications and/or licenses as required for position
- Adheres to ALL Company Standards and Procedures, including the Controlled Substances and Alcohol Standard
- Works safely using good judgment and by following all Company safety policies and work procedures and uses authority to stop an unsafe act
- Performs other related duties as required
- Education and experience as specified in the job description (or equivalent combination)
- Exhibits characteristics consistent with encouraging Team concept
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Has practical knowledge of fire protection codes and standards
- Good mechanical aptitude and able to use trade tools and equipment
- Able to read and interpret construction documents and shop drawings
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work alone
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Able to handle multiple projects and identify priorities
- Able to interact well with all levels of individuals, internally and externally
- Positive and professional demeanor with the ability to handle change, resolve conflict, and solve problems as they arise with minimal direction
- Must possess journeyman sprinkler fitter card or NICET level II certification. If no certifications are held but you have proper knowledge/years of experience, you will be enrolled in our education program to get certified.
- Able to lift and move objects weighing up to 100 pounds, work from heights above 10 feet, and work in confined areas
- Able to stand for long periods of time and to lift, crouch, reach, handle, push, and pull
- Able to drive a vehicle
- Able to travel and stay out of town as needed
- Able to operate and efficiently use varied hand tools, measuring instruments and gauges, and assorted industry related small machines
- Able to work in extremely cold and extremely hot temperatures
- Able to work while exposed to loud sounds and noise levels
- Apprenticeship available
- NICET testing fees
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Boot Reimbursement
- Uniforms Provided
Eagle Fire Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.